A big advantage of using Easy Redmine as a Help desk solution is that you can simply switch realization projects to support projects as you finish them while preserving all the information from the realization stage. All you need to do is:
- change the parent project (realization -> support)
- Configure SLA (priority, pre-paid hours, account manager)
- Configure ticket creation from e-mails
- Grant clients access (this should be done already in the realization phase)
HelpDesk access for clients with simplified UI
Your clients can access Easy Redmine where they create new tickets and track the already existing ones. Easy Redmine Help desk can be wrapped into your website (using an iframe) so it looks like a native part of your web or clients can access a simplified UI. If clients access your Help desk, they can also use your knowledge base to actively search for solutions themselves.
Tickets from e-mails: clients send e-mails to create tickets
Clients create tickets by sending e-mails to defined support mailboxes. Domains or addresses can be mapped on particular support projects - if you receive an e-mail from i.e. vodafone.com -> a ticket is created in the Vodafone project. It offers the following features:
- unlimited support mailboxes can be defined
- sender domains or e-mail addresses are mapped on projects
- tickets are automatically assigned to defined users - support managers
- priority of the ticket is set according to the keywords in the e-mail subject
- a due date for reaction and resolution can be set according to SLA
E-mail communication from HelpDesk
When a ticket from an e-mail is created, an automatic reply is sent to the customer. Also, multiple e-mail templates can be defined for various statuses of the tickets. Support staff can notify a customer using a ticket update. If the client replies, the particular ticket is updated accordingly.
Internal HelpDesk & LDAP authentication
For internal company Help desk, LDAP authentication is very useful. According to user's LDAP group role, a personal page template and a support project are assigned. This solves:
- single authentication - internal clients can log into Help desk using their standard credentials
- automatic personal page setting - users obtain simple Help desk personal page with a new ticket form & list of their tickets
- automatic role & project assignment - users are assigned to projects and roles according to their LDAP properties
Thanks to advanced Redmine filters, trackers, roles & workflow settings and custom fields, any workflow can be easily designed. Your support staff will enjoy the "I'm on it" action button which, after clicking, will assign a ticket to you, start counting time spent and change the status. Help desk tickets have information about an SLA response, due times for resolution and external e-mail. If a ticket is captured in a "General Help desk project" inline editing of the project field makes it easy to place it in a proper Help desk sub-project.
Implementation of Easy Redmine is smooth and easy - find out more in case studies of our customers that have already upgraded to Easy Redmine.