Standardization of the Project Management Work – Ayesa Advanced Technologies
AYESA is an international Spanish company, dedicated to engineering, technology, and IT Consulting. Previously to have Easy Redmine, Ayesa was using several tools without any integration (MS Project, Jira, MS Excel, and other internal tools). High-level time tracking and cost plan were managed in SAP BPC. The wide range of tools available generates a problem to have a common and clear picture of the project's status.
Ayesa wants to manage the projects as work packages, and each of the work packages has requirements and deliverables associated.
- Standardization of the project management work with only one tool
- Technical detail: control and management of the deliverables, contract items, tasks, costs, spent time in one tool
- Capacity management: improve the flexibility of the resources
- Hierarchy of the resources under control through roles management
- Improve productivity and cost margin
- Standardization of the procedures
- The tool has to allow differents project and task types
- Integration with other corporate software (SAP, BPC)
- Resource and skill management
- Work done by each employee (including the type of work and category)
- Contractual documentation of the project and relationship with work and employees
- Reporting of the work done, pending, and in progress
- Reporting of the work done in time
- Capacity management
- Estimated, spent, and invoiced time
Prior to implementation, a pilot phase took place where the basic requirements were defined, which were incorporated into the Easy Redmine environment and then presented to the company's management. The approval was followed by a detailed implementation, in which key users of the application from the project office department actively participated. A pilot with 11 projects was executed in 2019.
In the first step, a detailed structure of projects was defined along with all types of users and the parameters of users' personal pages. Project templates have been created, so it is possible to create projects with standardized parameters.
Server solution / Cloud solution
Cloud solution was selected by AYESA. We set up the system environment on a temporary cloud and then we migrated to the final cloud environment. In order to support a higher number of users and intensive use of the tool, AYESA moved from the public cloud to the private cloud.
We trained key users and administrators during the implementation and other users of the application additionally in comprehensive thematic blocks.
The client uses a test environment with real data, which allows new requirements and functions to be tested before deployment to the production environment. The pilot of 11 projects was very important to complete the testing and to proceed with the deployment.
Objectives and benefits
- Easy Redmine implementation implied:
- AYESA tasking methodology support
- A common and corporative technical database
- Project management tool standardization
- Workload detailed monitorization: planning, deliverables, and works required
- Control of employees' activities (work-done, dedications…)
The most used functions
- Project Gantt: all the team is using the Gantt to see the plan and to update the tasks.
- Spent time: Here we can control the spent time of the team and groups.
- Resource Management: To control the workload of the team members.
As the client sees it
"ERM gives us an added visibility of workload and capacity
by departments and areas that we have never had before.”
Carmen Clavijo de la Corte
Ayesa Air Control
"ERM is the perfect tool to have a well-organized project,
allowing each member of the team to know they have to do
at all times and the Project Manager control of the schedule.”
Alfonso Moresco Juliá
Ayesa Advanced Tech.