Strategic Planning for Easy Redmine
This is a bundle of Easy Redmine plugins for a definition of company direction and nurturing company knowledge using WBS, Earned Value Management and Knowledge Base. It allows you to break down projects, assess the value of a given project and encourage cooperation through the knowledge base.
WBS - Work Breakdown Structure
Work breakdown structure plugin visualizes projects, tasks, and sub-tasks in a mind map like form - showing decomposition of the work to be executed by the project team. It enables you to manage projects and tasks using easy drag & drop while having a clear visualization of the whole project.
- Mind map like visualization of the projects, tasks and sub-tasks
- Drag & drop sorting of tasks and projects
- Creation of tasks from the mind map
- Colour visualization of tasks completion and trackers
- Intuitive keyboard shortcuts
- Zoom out and zoom-in
Mind Maps are used for better planning, brainstorming, and creation of project and process diagrams. You can use them to organize your thoughts about any project without having to create tasks. Unlike WBS, they are designed more for the initiation and analysis phase of a project when it is not yet necessary to create tasks and collaborate but, above all, to analyze and think about all parts of the project or process.
- Create a mind map in the context of a project
- Create up to 250 nodes in a single mind map
- Limit access to the Mind Maps on your project using roles & permissions
- Complement any mind map node with text description, URL, or relation to an existing task
- Create a new task straight from the mind map node
- Use full-screen view
- Your mind map is saved automatically
- Variety of useful keyboard shortcuts
- Locking mechanism – when you edit your mind map, other users are prevented from editing
It is a knowledge management solution incorporated right into your Easy Redmine. Knowledge base allows you to capture knowledge from tasks and projects, categorize and store it, share it with users and utilize it in future projects.
- Easy creation of knowledge posts from tasks - capturing of knowledge
- Knowledge categories + personal / project categories - for sharing of knowledge
- Attaching of knowledge posts to projects/tasks
- Recommendation of knowledge to users
- Quick access to knowledge base from the right service panel
- Full-text search in knowledge base
Earned value management
Earned value management (EVM) is a project management technique for measuring project performance and progress in an objective manner. In a single integrated system, EVM is able to provide an accurate overview of project performance problems, which is key to successful project delivery.
- A project-level module available for all or selected projects only
- Real-time comparison of scope (earned value) with schedule (time) and budget resources (costs)
- A performance management baseline is established to represent a project target ("Planned value")
- Work progress is measured as “earned value”
- Produces a set of metrics that provides accurate cost and schedule estimates
Business dashboards consist of three main features - global filters above dashboards, graphs and charts with click-through functionality, and trends. With global filters, a user can apply a filter to all or just selected modules on a personalized page together in just two clicks. Graphs and charts can be configured to show a specific page (dimension) upon a click on the chart values. Moreover, trends give you real-time values and trends overview just after one glance on a dashboard.
Global filters above dashboards – all modules on dashboard are filtered together
Graphs and charts with click-through drill down to other dimensions
Trends with automatic comparison to the previous period
Continous awareness of current performance
A global-level module
Organization structure is a form of a tree hierarchy where every user in the organization, except the top one, is subordinate to a single another user. This arrangement helps define how activities such as task allocation, coordination, and supervision are standardly directed toward the achievement of organizational aims. It also determines who is eligible to approve vacation requests submitted by users.
A clear overview of the organizational structure of the company
Subordinate filters on tasks
Custom module on a personalized page
Defines vacation approvers