Technical info about Easy Redmine
Want to import your Redmine data into cloud Easy Redmine?
Before any migration can take place:
All third party plugins must be uninstalled AND unmigrated from your Redmine. Just removing the plugin folder and restarting Redmine is insufficient, because the data structure is still modified.
Also, you need to remove all your own modifications from Redmine for the data to be importable. Easy Redmine requires Redmine to be in standard unmodified form.
How to prepare data for Easy Redmine Cloud:
- MySQLdump of your Redmine
- Easy Redmine in cloud supports only mysql DB
- Whole DB and all fields has to be in UTF-8 coding page (utf8_general_ci)
- InnoDB engine (MyIsam is not supported)
- Command: $ mysqldump redmine --compact | gzip > redmine_dump.sql.gz
- We need to get folder files, and its data
- $ tar -czf redmine_files.tar.gz [redmine_root]/files
In other words:
Importing a database dump to Easy Redmine always completely replaces the previous data on that site, therefore it is not possible to import the data again and keeping the "old"/"common" data on the site. In other words, once you imported the data in Easy Redmine, do not use both sites on production simultaniously, if you intend to make another import.
Old Redmine versions (lower than 3.x) need to be upgraded to Redmine 3.4.2. In general, older versions require additional steps which need to be consulted with support and may incur additional costs for migration services.
I already have Easy Redmine installed. How do I check which version it is?
Version of Easy Redmine can be checked on a special page, which must be entered manually into the navigation bar (/admin/info). Scroll to the very bottom of the page, where you will find the number of your exact version.
To explain the numbers:
- 2016 - Generation (major version). By standard, you will notice it by overall change of the GUI and CSS.
Examples of login pages from different generations:
- First number - minor version. Contains added features in comparison to previous version.
- Second number - bug fixing release (patch) within the minor version. It doesn't bring any new feautures, just fixes or optimizes the existing version.
What are the parameters of the Server solution?
By purchasing Server solution of Easy Redmine you obtain an installable package of the software with the open source code.
- the software is licensed under GNU GPL 2 license
- installable software package
- VMware image
- it is platform independent - runs on Linux, Unix, Windows - via Virtualbox or VMWare player, OS X servers
Updates for Server solution?
Updates are available for free for 3 months after the purchase. You can download them in the Client Zone where you obtain the access.
After 3 months of "free upgrades period", you may purchase updates at an additional cost.
Can I upgrade a currently running application?
– Do not upgrade a currently running application. Before starting any upgrade inform your users about maintenance time and shutdown application server.
– Upgrade of live application may cause data loss - stop application server before you do an upgrade.
– We recommend for you to do your upgrade by an authorized person (linux administrator, server specialist, someone who knows what he is doing).
How to go from a trial to a paid solution?
If you want to keep the settings and data from your trial version, just buy the solution you want and let us know (email@example.com) about your needs. Your Trial instance will be either backed up (Server solution) and delivered for installation or seamlessly moved to the client server (Cloud solution).