Easy Redmine is continuously developed in order to make Redmine the best open source project management software.
We plan to stay compatible with the basic Redmine in order to provide community users the possibility of upgrading and getting professional services.
This system is designed to balance the contradictive needs for stability and innovation.
The release cycle comprises of
- bug fixes (patches) - every week. Only bug-fixes with little impact on general functionality. Version labeling: 10.6.1
- minor versions (with new features) - every month (around the 22nd). Bug-fixes with higher impact on general functionality, changes and new features. Autumn edition (September) contains bigger, more interesting features and more significant changes. Version labeling:10.6.0
- major versions - every year (spring). General technological shifts, design refresh, new plugins. Version labeling: 11.0.0
Updates for Server solution
- free updates for 3 months after the purchase
- further updates are paid and can be purchased for a minimum period of 1 year
- updates are always available for download in the Client zone
Product updates is not a mandatory service (server licence for any given version is perpetual). However, if updates are requested, the service has to be paid for the whole time of product ownership.
Updates for Cloud solution
- cloud hosting includes updates
- applications on cloud are updated automatically (during night hours of datacenter local time)
- disabling automatic updates is possible only as a customized solution
- minor and major updates (see above) are announced in advance via in-app notification
Changelog is available here. Release notes containing notable changes are gathered in the Knowledge base.