DP World Moved From Two Redmine Applications to a Single Next-Level Solution
DP World, the leading provider of smart logistics solutions from Dubai, used two Redmine applications. They decided to make a change to have everything in one professional app and with a solution for solving clients’ tickets. Read their story about the smooth implementation and what Easy Redmine brought them.
Before Easy Redmine
Previously DP World Asia Holdings Ltd. used two Redmine project management applications – one to work with internal users and one to work with external users. On top of that, the company used other different tools for everyday activities. This wide range of tools made it impossible to have a clear picture of the project's status.
Expectations to meet
- Standardization of project management work with only one tool
- All HelpDesk tickets are in one place
- More professional tool
- Professional support service
- Easy migration of two Redmine applications
- Availability of the project information to all team members
Requirements to fulfill
- Data migration from two Redmine instances on the client’s server to one Easy Redmine cloud application
- Running Easy Redmine on their own domain
- Import all internal and external Redmine data into one Easy Redmine application
- Integration with Office 365 Single Sign-On
- Custom branding of Easy Redmine tool in a DP World design
Time for implementation
As the client was using Redmine applications for a long time, there was no need to do an implementation of Easy Redmine itself. Firstly, we performed two test migrations to eliminate most of the shortcomings. This made the sharp migration go smoothly. We subsequently developed a special migrator which we now use for more complex migrations.
DP World Asia Holdings Ltd. chose the cloud solution. And so, to support a higher number of users and intensive use of the tool, DP World runs on a private cloud.
And the results?
The implementation of Easy Redmine brought:
- Single timesaving tool for multiple daily activities
- More comfortable working with HelpDesk tickets
- Unified tool for monitoring and managing projects and tasks
- One place for Evidence of projects
- Both internal and external data together in one application
Most appreciated functions by our client
- HelpDesk plugin – easier way to provide technical support to our customers and employees
- Gantt Chart – effective project management tool
- DMS (Document Management System) – advanced work with documents
- Finance Management – a visual tool that helps increase project profitability
- Resource Management – allows visual resource planning across projects
Who is DP World
DP World is the leading provider of smart logistics solutions, enabling the flow of trade across the globe. They operate multiple businesses – from marine and inland terminals, maritime services, logistics, and ancillary services to technology-driven trade solutions.
DP World has a global team of over 97,000 employees from 150 nationalities which ensures a smooth flow of trade.