All in one application - that is Easy Redmine
RTL Radio use Easy Redmine to maintain help desk, resources, attendance and of course all IT and software projects. We like the complexity - using all-in-one solution is just wonderful.
This guide is for those who have Redmine installed on Bitnami for Linux. The guide instructs you how to upgrade your Redmine to Easy Redmine.
1. Download BitNami package from:
2. Install it according to instructions
In practice, it is a simple wizard where you need to click "next" "next" and enter your Redmine login / password
1. Copy Easy Redmine package, typically INTO ~/BitNami/apps/redmine/htdocs
2. When using BitNami, there is no Ruby in your system. So you need to run the script "use_redmine" which loads Ruby into your Shell.
Now you have to install gems specific for Easy Redmine
> delete Gemfile.lock
> run "bundle" with parameters (if there is an error during the installation, dependencies are checked)
bundle install --without development test --binstubs --no-deployment
3. continue according to standard guide - here
4. Restart your server using:
Before you start with Easy Redmine installation, make sure, these packages are installed: