Adamas - complex project management solution for internal development department
ADAMAS became the Official Supplier of Winter Olympics 2014 in the category of “Jewelry, Precious Metals, Stones and Medals”. With a 12% market share, they are the largest Russian jewelry company today. They are using Easy Redmine not just for project management agenda.
The client required a SaaS application for complex project management & help desk for internal development department.
The system was supposed to improve the following business processes:
- Project management – planning, task tracking, entering time spent, Gantt charts, reports
- Tool for agile development
- Complex Solution for Help Desk
Adamas have been using Easy Redmine since April 2014. Easy Redmine is used as a unified complex system for work coordination between internal development department, 4 groups of external developers and an internal support team. Each of these groups have their own access levels, rights and permissions.
In practice, Adamas use:
- Planning using "Agile board" and the "Resource allocation" plugin, Gantt charts, Quick Planner table, Cost calculation
- Project realization - task tracking, advanced custom fields for tasks and task trackers, e-mail notifications about tasks and milestones that are overdue, reports using saved filtered tasks queries, spent time entering
- Help desk automation – for this purpose, 6 mailboxes for different service types were created. Each mailbox is processed every 5 minutes, and the incoming e-mails are imported into Easy Redmine as tasks and are assigned to the respective support projects. Imported tasks have a predefined assignee, tracker, status, estimated time and due date.
Other features that were implemented as custom modifications:
- Task status can’t be changed without a comment
- Quick project planner improvement – possibility to modify the quick planner form and add any tasks parameters (project level customization)
- Workflow improvement – allows to connect task statuses and roles. This means, that if someone changes the status of the task – the task assignee will be automatically changed to the user with a respective role (project level customization).